Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Emulation Project




Nicole Burton

        I am going to be emulating a photographer named Nicole Burton. I've loved her work for a while now and I have always wanted to incorporate some of her style into my photographs. She focuses mainly on lighting, texture, and color in her photography. Not to sound like Fraulein Maria but, these are a few of my favorite things. I absolutely love that her photos look dark and almost spooky (she reminds me a lot of Tim Burton in this aspect, though there is no relation.) I think it is the perfect time of year to emulate an artist like this! Her photographs are dark and dreamlike. Her use of color is beautiful and really stands out. I think this is because her photos are quite unsaturated except for a single pop of color. I'm hoping to channel this into my photographs.
        She uses texture in a wonderful way as well. The photograph above of the woman on the beach shows this perfectly. There's the texture of the damp sand, the dress, the wet sand, the churning ocean, and also the cloudy sky. These different textures flow together beautifully due to the color usage. Everything in this photo seems to match, and I love that!

I hope I do her justice and can emulate her style!

No comments:

Post a Comment